Sunday, March 1, 2009

Micro Green Salad w/ Fig Vinaigrette


I wanted to make use of the Microgreens I had leftover from last weekend but I wanted to do something simple that wouldn't overwhelm their flavor. Micro greens are lovely but can be a little on the bitter side, so my goal was to create a salad with a sweet vinaigrette. I LOVE fig and it's natural sweetness. Hence, my salad:
  • fresh micro greens (or any salad, really)
  • red wine vinegar
  • olive oil
  • fig spread (any kind works, I used the kind that you typically find in the cheese section of the grocery store)
I'm not including any amounts here - it's up to you. Just add a bit of each and keep wisking until you get the flavor and consistency you like.

If the fig spread is thick, microwave it for about 30 seconds before adding the oil and vinegar.

Then just pour it over your greens and mix with your hands (that was the fun part).

This turned out absolutely lovely. The sweetness of the fig really complimented the bitterness of the greens. And micro greens always just look so gorgeous!



No comments:

Post a Comment