- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 - 1.5 cups vegetable broth (or chicken if you're not worried about keeping it veg)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (or more if you like spicy)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or more)
- 1.5 cups canned black beans, drained
In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion & garlic & saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the rice and saute another couple minutes.
Add the broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat. Cook for 20 minutes.
Add spices and beans. Stir.
Cover and keep over low heat until ready to serve.