Saturday, March 7, 2009

Crab Salad Hors d'œuvres


It's my best friends birthday and I wanted to make something delicious. I kind of just mixed things is as I went until it tasted right to me but I think I can give you most of the measurements.

  • 1 container, crab meat. Doesn't have to be the lump jumbo kind because you're going to break it down anyway.
  • mayo, about 2 heaping spoonfuls
  • 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
  • 1/4 red bell pepper, finely chopped
  • about 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp hot sauce
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • sea salt
  • phyllo pastry cups
  • spring onion

Mix crab, mayo, celery, pepper, sauces, lemon juice and maybe a bit of black pepper. At this point I put mine in a sieve for a bit to strain out extra liquid.

Put crab mixture into phyllo cups, top with thinly sliced spring onion, sea salt and maybe some lemon zest. I hope she likes them!


No comments:

Post a Comment