Sunday, February 22, 2009

Seven-Spice Vanilla Chai

This is so great because it makes my entire apartment smell lovely and spicy. It's an easy thing to throw together when someone calls at the last minute and says they're coming over or just for a nice lazy Sunday by the fire.
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
  • 5-7 cloves
  • 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
  • 1/4 tsp anise seed
  • 1/4 tsp whole black peppercorns
  • 1 dash ground nutmeg
  • 1 black teabag (or 1 tsp black tea leaves)
  • 2 cups water
  • cream, half & half, milk or condensed milk - to taste
  • I also add a splash of vanilla to mine. But it's up to you.

Combine spices & water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil & simmer three minutes. I usually let mine simmer much longer than that. I love the way it smells!

When you're ready to drink it, add the tea & steem for 3 minutes.

Strain into teapot or cups & stir in milk or cream.



Yes I actually took this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment