Friday, February 20, 2009

Fennel Grapefruit Salad with Shaved Parmesan & Micro Greens

I am on a real fennel kick lately. I know it goes well with grapefruit. That's all I know. But I made this salad tonight and it was a real hit with my best friend. But then, it's a best friends job to say they like your food. Well, let me know.


  • 1 bulb fennel
  • 2 grapefruits
  • micro greens (they have these at Trader Joes and most other places. Or just use arugula)
  • olive oil
  • red wine vinegar
  • raw sugar
  • fresh shaved parmesan cheese
  • fresh ground black pepper

There's no amounts on here - it's up to you. Basically shave the fennel (if you have a mandoline that will be perfect, otherwise just cut it as thin as possible). Then cut the grapefuit into slices (with the rind and white stuff gone).


Whisk the oil, vinegar and a teaspoon or so of the sugar in a bowl.


Place the fennel and grapefruit on the plate, micro greens in the middle. Sprinkle the parmesan on top. Drizzle viaigrette on top and grind pepper over the salad before serving.


Look, I actually took a picture for once:



No comments:

Post a Comment