Sunday, February 8, 2009

Roasted Asparagus w/ Balsamic Vinegar

I'm not huge on asparagus. I don't like the bitter taste. But the vinegar cuts the bitter taste and makes it pretty good. Also, the larger the asparagus, the sweeter it is so look for bigger asparagus if you don't like the bitter dark greenness of it. I know I'm supposed to like green vegetables, but I don't have kids so I don't have to eat them. Anyway, this ain't bad.

  • 1 lb fresh asparagus
  • 2-3 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • fresh ground salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 475.

Wash, trim & peel asparagus.

In a single roasting pan, toss the asparagus with the olive oil & vinegar until coated well.

Spread asparagus out in a single layer & roast for 10 minutes until tender.

Season with salt & pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment