Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Raspberry Sorbet

If you don't have an ice cream maker, consider getting one. Ice cream (and sorbet) is so easy and people go nuts for the stuff. Make a lot and keep some in the freezer all summer!



  • 16oz frozen or fresh raspberries (you know fresh is always better!)

  • 8oz sugar

  • 1/2 cup water

  • 1 lemon, juiced

Puree raspberries & strain


Combine sugar & water in a saucepan & stir over gentle heat until sugar has dissolved


Turn heat up & boil for 5 minutes until liquid forms a sticky syrup


Once the syrup has cooled, add the puree & lemon juice


Freeze in ice cream maker for 20 minutes


I tried to find a good pic of raspberry sorbet online but they all have a stupid mint leaf on them - if it's not in the dish it doesn't belong there!!! So here's some shower gel. Whatever.




2 comments:

  1. I thought about getting a ice cream maker, but I'm just not sure if I'd use it enough, Although, I do have a gaping hole in my cabinet where a deep fryer once lived...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can borrow my ice cream maker and try it out for yourself, if you like :-)

    ReplyDelete