Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mango Sorbet

Hey, I know it's cold outside! You don't have to tell me. But I want to add more recipes from my notebooks and there are a lot to get through. So, some just won't be that seasonal. Anyway, you could always make the sorbet, turn the heat up and pretend it summer, no? I've done crazier things. That being said...

  • 4 ripe mangoes
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • crystallized ginger (optional but they really taste great together)
  • fresh raspberries (also optional)

Peel & pit mangoes (harder than it sounds, you could always just but the pre-cut stuff in the produce section of the grocery store. It's not bad!).

Mix sugar & water in saucepan, heat until sugar is dissolved.

Cool syrup. Puree mangoes in blender.

Add lemon juice & mango puree to syrup.

Strain through a sieve.

Pour into ice cream maker for 15-20 minutes.

Throw some ginger & raspberries on top. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment