Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ginger Lemongrass Tea

I know you can just buy tea. We all know you can just buy tea. But you're not getting all the goodness that you would get if you added some fresh herbs, spices and seasonings. I make this when I feel like I'm coming down with something.

  • 1 quart water
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated gingerroot (more if you're daring)
  • 1 stalk lemongrass, cut lengthwise
  • 2 bags of tea (any kind)
  • honey or raw sugar
  • lemon

Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat & add ginger & lemongrass. Simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat & add 2 bags of tea (or 2 tsp loose tea). Taste. If it's too weak, continue steeping. If it's too strong, add more water. I love recipes you can't screw up! Strain & sweeten with honey. Add lemon to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment